What to expect for your first dental visit at DentalWorks
For your first visit as a New Patient here at DentalWorks, you will first be required to fill out a standard medical history form.
After completion of your medical history questionnaire you will be taken in to meet with the dentist. Dr. Rosie or Dr. Nick will then go over your medical history with you in detail, asking about any health problems you have or medications you’re taking and discuss how they might impact your oral health.
We can then proceed with the dental exam. At any point, the dentists encourage questions or concerns the patients may have during the initial visit.
During a standard dental exam, the dentist will :
- Assess your overall health and oral hygiene
- Assess your risk of tooth decay, and gum disease
- Evaluate your need for tooth restoration or tooth replacement
- Check your bite and jaw for problems
- Remove any stains or plaque/tartar deposits on your teeth
- Review proper at-home cleaning techniques for your teeth
- Educate you about the prevention of oral health disease
- Assess your need for fluoride
- Take digital dental X-rays
- Check for signs of oral cancer
- If necessary, counseling about diet, use of tobacco products and other lifestyle factors that can affect oral health
After your dental exam, the dentist will discuss your overall oral health. This will include your risk of tooth decay, gum disease and any other oral health problems. In addition, any preventive measures you can take to improve and protect your teeth and gums will also be addressed. A treatment plan is discussed and customized to each individual patient based on their specific oral health needs.